Get peace of mind knowing that you have a professionally drafted Will which will ensure your estate is dealt with in accordance with your wishes.
From the 24th-28th September 2018 we will prepare a simple Will at a reduced price of 75.00* plus VAT at our Ipswich branch. This is more than 50% off our normal fee!
Why do I need a Will?
- You can control who benefits from your estate.
- You choose who is responsible for administering your estate.
- You can include specific gifts e.g. a gift to charity, a gift of money or jewellery to friends or relatives.
- You can appoint guardians for your minor children.
- A Will makes things much easier for those left behind as there will be clear instructions as to what is to happen to your estate. The administration is more straightforward and can often be dealt with more efficiently when there is a Will.
- There will be clear instructions as to your wishes which may lower the risk of a claim against your estate.
If you don’t have a Will the Intestacy Provisions apply. They dictate how your estate will be divided and the proportion in which different parties inherit. The following issues can arise:
- Your spouse may not automatically receive 100% of your estate.
- Unmarried partners will not receive a share of your estate.
- Children may not inherit.
- If you do not have any surviving relatives your estate will pass to the state.
- Issues may arise where there has been a second marriage.
- The prescribed manner of the rules often fails to account for the circumstances of the parties involved resulting in inadequate provision for family members.
For more information and to book yourappointmentemail [email protected]
*Terms and Conditions
- The office will be open from 8:30am until 6:30pm (last appointment 5.30pm) Home visits will attract an additional charge.
- The offer only applies to simple Wills; if additional advice is required our normal fees will apply.
- The reduced rate is charged on the assumption that you will only require two meetings – an initial meeting to discuss your circumstances and obtain your instructions. Then a second meeting to sign your Will.
- Following the initial meeting we will prepare a draft Will for you to review. Once you are happy with the draft you will need to contact our offices to arrange an appointment to sign your Will.
- We act as your witnesses when signing the Will. We will then arrange to store your Will free of charge in our strong room if you wish.
- Your Will must be signed within 6 months of the initial meeting in order to qualify for the reduced fee. If you do not sign your Will within 6 months of the initial meeting we reserve the right to charge our full fees in the preparation and execution of your Will.