The motor trade has been facing far-reaching changes for some time now, be it pressure on margins, the diesel issue, new sales structures, the electric challenge and now, the effects of COVID-19 and the restrictions on movement impacting both the workforces and the demand from your customers.
The current COVID-19 crisis now presents the industry with enormous additional challenges as a car dealership and the negative economic influence of this crisis will be significant for the individual business as well as the industry. In almost every company, great efforts and intelligent solutions will be needed to overcome this crisis and emerge stronger on the other side. The need for dedicated, expert support and advice is, therefore, essential for every business.
With this in mind, Ellisons are delighted to combine our expertise in the sector with Mr. Jean-Marc Gales, a renowned Turnaround Manager in the motor industry and provide support and advice as a combined team in these uncertain times.
Jean-Marc Gales is a Senior Automotive General Manager with a strong turnaround track record and around 30 years’ of experience. He was CEO of Peugeot and Citroën (€45bn turnover) and a member of the Main Board and was also responsible for the Peugeot/Citroen own dealer network. He was also CEO of Lotus Group plc, where he achieved the successful turnaround and JD Classics (now Woodham Mortimer), which he led out of administration and into a sale to a new investor. He is a specialist Turnaround Manager helping businesses deal with the challenges they are currently facing in areas such as restructuring, benchmarking, cost management and increased sales.
Together, we can offer you a unique and tailored approach to help support you and your business through these difficult times.
What We Offer
The aim of our range of services is to achieve the best result for your company and for you personally by:
- developing a perspective and a plan for the future of your business;
- supporting you in difficult negotiations with manufacturers, banks, leasing institutions, suppliers, employees and organised employee groups;
- assisting you in your optimisation of costs and the analysis of the various contractual commitments;
- improving sales and sales potential;
- identifying opportunities for insourcing, outsourcing, mergers and acquisitions;
- assisting you in the process of securing all Government funding opportunities (including reliefs, deferrals, grants and loan support);
- advising you on corporate restructuring and insolvency options available with an additional focus on the personal liability of the directors and other key workers;
- providing you with high quality commercially focused legal advice concentrating on the practical and fast implementation of solutions identified with you for you and for your business; and
- using our links to sector experts in accountancy firms to assist you, if required.
For more information, and to discuss your requirements, please contact Partner and Head of Business Services, Seamus Clifford.