1. I would like to find out more about the Training Provider?
The Apprenticeship is run by BPP. More details about BPP Solicitor Apprenticeships is available here.
2. Will I be paid a salary for the full duration of the apprenticeship?
Yes, whichever route you take of day release or block learning, you will be paid by Ellisons for the duration of the apprenticeship.
3. What qualities are important for apprentices to have?
A dedication to the qualification route is imperative. It is not the easy option and it takes a hardworking, committed individual to succeed. Someone who understands and can contribute to the firm’s values and culture is key.
4. Will I stay in the same department for the entirety of the Apprenticeship?
Graduate Solicitor Apprentices don’t have to rotate seats like LPC route trainees, but we will offer the opportunity for some seat rotation as part of the apprenticeship.
5. Will I be able to choose which Legal Departments I work in?
Apprenticeships will be given the opportunity to complete seat rotation as part of the apprenticeship. This is based on business needs in the departments, but we work with trainees to offer their seat choices where possible.
6. Once completed, can I only qualify into the areas of law I have worked in?
No, once the qualification is complete the newly qualified Solicitor can choose which area of law they wish to work within.
7. Is there any difference between an individual who has completed an SQE qualification to completing the LPC route?
There is no difference once qualified. The SRA are phasing out the LPC route so this is just the new route that will be offered going forward once the LPC is totally phased out.
8. Will I be offered a job at the end of my Apprenticeship?
Ellisons cannot guarantee a job will be available at the end of the Apprenticeship but we are always keen to retain our talented individuals. Towards the end of your Apprenticeship, the Ellisons Training Team will discuss available vacancies with the trainee.
9. Will I hear from Ellisons even if I haven’t been successful?
Yes, we will be in contact with everyone who applies with the decision as to whether they progress onto the next stage of interview or not.