The Home Office has announced new provisions to cover those foreign nationals who have received 30 day visas to work, study or join family in the UK, and these visas have expired because of the current travel restrictions.

The Home Office has confirmed that “if your 30 day visa to travel to the UK for work, study or to join family has expired, or is about to expire, you can request a replacement visa with revised validity dates free of charge until the end of this year”.

To make a request, you will need to contact the Coronavirus Immigration Help Centre. You will be required to include your name, nationality, date of birth and your GWF Reference Number with “Replacement 30 Day Visa” in the subject line.

You will be contacted when the VAC’s re-open to arrange for a replacement visa to be endorsed in your Passport.  You will not be penalised for being unable to collect your BRP while Coronavirus measures are in place.  This process will be in place until the end of 2020.

For further information please contact our Immigration partners, Graeme Kirk or Sohan Sidhu.