We merged with Ipswich-based law firm, Blocks Solicitors.
Established in 1890, Blocks Solicitors is one of the leading law firms in Suffolk, further strengthening our expertise in a range of service offerings as well as gaining a second office in the town centre.
We merged with Bury St Edmunds-based firm Gross & Co.
Established in 1848, Gross & Co. will bring a high level of complementary expertise and 25 additional staff into the Ellisons ‘fold’. With its reputation for immigration and charity law, Gross & Co. will help to bolster our offering nationally and internationally.
The new ‘The Bath House’ building is located on the former Le Cateau Barracks site, adjacent to Butt Road and provides 4,000 sq ft of modern office space for our Insurance Litigation Department.
Since merging with PTL Solicitors in 2008 we celebrated our 10th anniversary.
Ellisons Financial Planning was launched as a joint venture between Ellisons Solicitors and Matthew Douglas Limited.
Ellisons joined the independent alliance of professional firms, to strengthen our offering to our clients, providing international thinking to our local presence and also to connect with some of the best like-minded individuals across the world.
Located at Wherstead Park, the firm opened its doors in Ipswich.
Ellisons was established in Colchester by William Mason 250 years ago.
Ellisons celebrated this milestone throughout 2014 with many celebrations taking place; with clients, contacts and staff. We marked the end of a fantastic year of celebrations by planting 250 trees at the Essex Wildlife Trust.
Ellisons merged with Marshall Legal in Colchester, reinforcing the position of Ellisons as one of the most prominent providers of legal services in the region.
The merger decision came just a year after the firm attracted PTL Solicitors to unite their respective practices.
The firm acquired the business of Wanham Longhurst.
Ellisons merged with PTL Solicitors. The merged Firm, which operates under the name of Ellisons Solicitors, now has 17 Partners and a total staff of 122.
As a result of the merger, Ellisons has strengthened its position as one of the most prominent providers of legal services in Essex.
The firm acquired the business of Peter Leaman and Co.
The firm changed its name to Ellisons and incorporated Lansley and Co
The firm incorporated Darley Tudor based in Frinton, creating the Frinton-on-Sea office.
In 1937, John Aylmer Fitz-Harninge Morton and David Pelham Papillon joined the firm and upon their arrival it became known as Ellison & Co. Oborne Ellison was still working at the firm, and indeed did so until well into his early 80s.
Mr Oborne James Ellison joined the firm which led to the firm changing its name once again to Howard Ellison & Morten.
Howard Keeling and Inglis.
Mason Keeling and Howard.
By 1827 the firm had changed its name to Mason Son & Keeling with the partners as William Mason, William Mason Junior and Frederick Page Keeling.
Ellisons are able to trace the roots of the firm back to one William Mason (born in 1738), a humble Colchester man who started his career as a scrivener (copyist), acting as a clerk to a Samual Ennew.