Senior Partner & Head of Private Client Services, Tim Logan alongside Associate Susan Ryan recently travelled to Prague to attend the EMEA Regional Conference of the firm’s international alliance of independent accounting and law firms. Themed ‘Building a Future-Proof Professional Firm’, the conference provided our professionals with insights into how they can become a more powerful, trusted resource for their clients in a world rich with opportunities but also facing significant challenges.
A record 93 delegates attended Alliott Group’s 2018 EMEA Regional Conference in Prague (9-11 May) which covered a range of business improvement topics such as leadership, talent management and marketing, but also the latest international developments in tax, the law and regulatory issues.
Ellisons representatives returned from the conference with not only stronger personal relationships with their professional counterparts in different cities across the world, but also with strategies and insights into how the firm can:
- Capitalise on the unique value proposition we offer to local companies and private individuals who want a ‘whole service’ or ‘one-stop-shop’ approach to procuring professional advice across different countries internationally
- Truly partner with our clients as equals and provide advisory services that show a real understanding of their business
- Compete to attract the best local talent and future-proof our firm and the business of our clients
- Contribute further to clients’ business and personal success and be the source of new ideas
- Continue to develop specialist niches so that we anticipate and meet the needs of our clients even more effectively
- Embrace technology to increase transparency and efficiency with our clients and enhance the service experience.
With the deadline for compliance with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) fixed for 25th May 2018, our professionals were able to advise in being ready for GDPR, more on that here. Significant changes to the US tax system were also outlined by our US colleagues and contextualised for those clients who have operations, investments or property held in the US.
With firm representatives also contributing to specialist meetings of the alliance’s International Tax, Legal, M&A, Global Mobility and Private Wealth groups, our firm is in a prime position to source specialist expertise wherever in the world it is needed for clients needing access to experts in these complex, interrelated areas.
Tim Logan comments: “Participation in international conferences enables us to advise more effectively to those of our clients who are doing business internationally. Our investment in attending alliance events ensures that Ellisons is taking steps to future-proof the firm and the business of our clients.”